S.W. Ontario Spring Insulator Swap - Saturday, May 24, 2014

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

S.W. Ontario Spring Insulator Swap - Saturday, May 24, 2014

Postby Barrett » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Hey, all!

Just thought I'd put the word out there that we are on for this year's spring insulator swap - and this one is number 11! Sorry for the mix-up last spring with the show, but there were some complications involving my being outside of the country for quite some time.

This year there will be no complications; only good food, good folks and good fun.

All the details are the same as previous years - dealers tables are $10.00 each, and bring your own table if you can. I only have a couple on hand here.

Note that tables brought for strictly display purposes are free.

Be sure to keep some free space in your car so you can buy some of the junk I have laying around, as well. ;)

Please let me know if you can make it by May 10th. This is so that we can buy enough food and prepare adequately for the people who will attend. You are more than welcome to invite/bring as many people as you would like, just be sure to let us know how many will be attending!

Anyone feeling inclined to do so is welcome to camp out in the yard at my parents' place. If you're feeling adventurous bring a tent and some sleeping bags; there's lots of space.

If you have any questions, feel free to message or email me at barrett.nicpon@gmail.com!

See you on May 24th!

Flyerforinsulatormeet2014.png
Flyerforinsulatormeet2014.png (60.93 KiB) Viewed 18791 times

Directions.JPG
Directions.JPG (194.05 KiB) Viewed 18791 times
Barrett

Re: S.W. Ontario Spring Insulator Swap - Saturday, May 24, 2014

Postby packratt33 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:49 pm

I will be attending the swap on May 24th and Gary will be as well. I bought a large amount of porcelain insulators (the larger ones) and will be bringing them to the swap meet for anyone who collects mud. I will also be bringing glass as well so hope to see everyone there. Bring your interesting colors and junk filled CD162's in VNM to Mint condition.

Ken
packratt33

Postby Shawn143 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:14 am

I changed my work schedule, so I will be attending. Missed last year, so there is no way I wanted that to happen again. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Shawn
Shawn143

Postby Barrett » Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Hey, all

Good stuff! So far this year is shaping up to be a good one. We're currently at over 40 attendees, and around 18 tables, so there should be some good stuff and some even better folks in attendance.
Just a reminder to everyone who's planning on making it out: please fess up as soon as possible so we know how much food to buy. The first step to recovery from this strange hobby is to just admit you want to come, then just get yourself here and I'll take care of the rest with food and (hopefully) a beautiful day to make you forget that it's even a problem.
Hope to hear from from you soon if you haven't already submitted your RSVP, and I'll look forward to seeing everyone there!

B.

PS - if anyone has any sort of collapsible canopy they can bring along in the event of poor weather, please do. I'll have a couple on hand here from some friends, but it never hurts to have extra
Barrett

Postby Brett Bloxam » Sat May 17, 2014 12:41 pm

I'm in

First time attending and really looking forward to it

Brett
Brett Bloxam

Postby Shawn143 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:50 am

Might not be able to make it Saturday. Had an Aunt pass away Monday, it was expected, but I'm being told funeral is either Saturday or Sunday. Not decided yet, but since nobody does a funeral on Sundays.............

Shawn
Shawn143

Postby Shawn143 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:42 pm

I'm in!!!!! Doing the memorial service and all the jive on Sunday. Weather looks superlative for Saturday, cloudy periods, high of 21 C or about 74 F. See y'all at 10 AM.

Shawn
Shawn143

Postby Fossulator » Sat May 24, 2014 5:26 pm

So......how'd it go? Anything remarkable show up? Since I couldn't be there in person, I mowed my lawn, so at least it sounded like I was there :lol:
Fossulator

Postby Chris Minicola » Mon May 26, 2014 7:12 am

Remarkable? Yes, there was a purple 742 ;-) and the Ness McLAren and Bate 102 was brought by Brett for show.
There was a really good turnout and lots of glass changed hands. I didn't get any pictures though, hopefully someone got a few pictures and will post them. Thanks very much to the Nicpon family for another great show.
Chris Minicola

Postby Barrett » Mon May 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Hey, All!

I have to say... exhausted as I am after the whirlwind of a week it's been, I'm more than happy to dedicate the wheezing last efforts of my fingertips to typing a big "THANK YOU!" to everyone who attended (and tried to but couldn't make it!). Final count places attendance at approximately 45 people (not sure if a few others showed up that I didn't see!) and around 17 dealers tables. We had at least 8 new attendees, so a special thanks goes out to them.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos either, as I was running around non-stop as per usual. If anyone did take any shots, please do share them. Pat Young from Michigan took a few and sent me some. I'll ask him nicely if he can post and share them with everyone.
One he did send me is this shot of the piece Chris mentioned. It would be nice to see some photos of the collectors milling about, though.
Did anyone notice if the lawn-mowing was going on this year? I sure assume so. Kevin - thanks for keeping that tradition alive on your end, at least. ;)
Thanks again to everyone. See you at the beach, or maybe in a swamp somewhere with pitchfork in-hand.
Attachments
14,05,24 - 742 M.T.Co - Purple.jpg
14,05,24 - 742 M.T.Co - Purple.jpg (93.51 KiB) Viewed 18474 times
Last edited by Barrett on Wed May 28, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barrett

Next

Return to Insulator Shows