OVIC's 15th Annual Insulator Show & Sale in Perth, ON

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Re: OVIC's 15th Annual Insulator Show & Sale in Perth, ON

Postby D Laframboise » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

The lioness ladies are not able to prepare lunches this year as one of the ladies is ill. I will bring along a pot of chili enough for everyone.

I am also hoping to get a few insulator donations for the raffle tomorrow. Something with a min. $25 value and Canadian.
Let me know tomorrow. I'm hoping to raffle five, so I need four to add to the one I'm donating. This will be in addition to the three commemmoratives like last year's.

See you at the show!

Thanks,

Darcy
D Laframboise

Postby Robin Plewes » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks very much for the hosting effort Darcy! Lots of fun.
Many new faces came though the door this year. It was very nice to see this and I didn't see an unhappy face all day.
For those who couldn't make it, there were many great pieces for sale or display. :D
Despite the fact that I arrived at 7:00am, there were still tables and people I did not get chance to visit. Wish my work day would sometimes pass as fast as an OVIC show day ;)
Good collecting ............. Robin
Robin Plewes

Postby gerrypocha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 am

Did anyone take pics? Would love to see the action from the sidelines...
gerrypocha

Postby D Laframboise » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all who came out the show! It was a pretty good day with a good turnout and good steady walk-in traffic.
A very big thanks to Jack Hayes for the very generous donation of commemmoratives for the raffle!

If there is anyone out there who took photos at the show, I would be very grateful if you could post some on this site or ICON. I have been sent out of town for work for the last two weeks and again this coming week. The little time I've had at home has been spent scrambling to get my taxes filed. If anyone has some recollections of the show day and would like to post a little write-up that would also be greatly appreciated. Posting some photos with some annotation would suffice as well. Show day was like a blur to me now and by the end of it I realized I hadn't taken any photos.

Thanks,

Darcy
D Laframboise

Previous

Return to Insulator Shows