Wooden Threadless + Steel Cap??

Here you can discuss anything related to Canadian threadless insulators.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Wooden Threadless + Steel Cap??

Postby Randy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:38 pm

Hello All:

Recently I came across a what I believe is a legitimate threadless piece. Only thing is that it was wooden with a steely tin type cap shaped and sized much like a McMicking except just slightly larger. This piece also had the burlap tar mixture in the pinhole as well, and it looked to be used. Now my question are these a known threadless type or no? Could it just be a homemade insulator if it isn't known? It supposedly came out of Quebec. I'll try to get a couple of pictures of it soon, when I return to the area. No it wasn't for sale HehHeh...

Have a Great Day: Randy
Randy

Re: Wooden Threadless + Steel Cap??

Postby 369reid » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:11 am

Hey Randy, can't tell you much about the threadless but sure is good to see you posting again! Looking forward to seeing some pics of that piece.
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Postby Aidan Morgan » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:10 am

Hey Stranger,
Nice to see you back on the line again Randy , we missed you . Yeah I would like to see a pic of that thingsulator also. :lol:

Take care bud
Aidan
Aidan Morgan

Postby Randy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks Lads, good to be back!! I'll get a couple of Pics this piece, this coming week I hope.... Oh Ya I'm planning on a tour out West for the Ranch show next year with the new Travel Trailer, but if gas prices go crazy again, sorry no go if that happens..... :)
Randy

Postby greenman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Nice to here from you Randy, there are a Few things i'ed like to talk to you about..... Could it be a Ponds insulator?
greenman

Return to Canadian Threadless