Gigantic Locke Insulator

Here you can discuss any information or questions you have about insulators that don't seem to fit properly in the other sections of this forum. As well as any other type of insulator that doesn't have a place on this forum, such as radio strains and spools

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Gigantic Locke Insulator

Postby grantmail76 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 pm

I bought my house about 16 years ago. When we moved in, there was a massive insulator in the basement (well over 100lbs). It's about 2 1/2 - 3 feet tall and 1 1/2 - 2 feet wide (at the widest point). The ceramic parts are a medium chocolate brown. Stamped into one of the ceramic parts is LOCKE 1966R1 USA. I've been moving this thing around occasionally for years and I think it's time for it to go. I was wondering if it is collectible and if so, what it's worth? I can snap a few pictures if they're needed.
grantmail76

Re: Gigantic Locke Insulator

Postby Chris Minicola » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi,
Pictures would definitely help. Judging from the description and colour though, it sounds like a fairly recent piece. Porcelain insulators are not as popular as glass especially anything that is newer than say 1915 or so, unless it is really rare or different.
Chris Minicola

Return to Insulator Related Topics