Gordie Banks...

Here you can discuss any information or questions you have about insulators that don't seem to fit properly in the other sections of this forum. As well as any other type of insulator that doesn't have a place on this forum, such as radio strains and spools

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Gordie Banks...

Postby parrotfarm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 pm

...is an old-time collector, a pioneer in the hobby here in Ontario. He and his brothers Norm, Wally and Dennis made many great finds over the years. Norm and Wally have passed on, and Gordie, whose health has been declining in recent years, had a stroke recently and could no longer stay at home. Dennis says he's doing well now although things were touchy for a couple of weeks. Gordie is now in a nursing home in Norwich and the remainder of the STUFF (bottles, insulators, old radios, records, fishing poles etc. etc. etc.) are being sold off to help finance his stay in the home. I know many of you have met Gordie at Barrett's shows in previous years, and if you'd like to call Dennis and inquire about anything I've posted above or just to pass along get well wishes for Gordie, then drop me a personal e-mail and I'll give you the connection info. We hope to go visit Gordie soon, and have dropped in on him three-four times a year in recent years, especially since Wally passed on a while ago. He's a great old guy, a marvellous story teller and is always tickled pink when one of us "youngsters" takes the time to visit.

Mike.
parrotfarm

Re: Gordie Banks...

Postby trainman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks for the INFO Mike :(
trainman

Postby Alex » Sat May 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Pass on my best wishes. Always had a good chat with them at Barretts whenever I saw them.

Alex.
Alex

Postby parrotfarm » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:58 am

Sorry to inform everyone that Gordie Banks passed away Wednesday morning, Aug. 29th. He had just celebrated his 90th birthday on Aug. 11 but had recently been diagnosed with bladder cancer, according to his niece. He will certainly be missed by many insulator and bottle collectors in Canada and the USA. Gordie loved company and telling his stories, which we were only all too happy to hear again, because we knew someday that they would eventually be silenced. Rest in Peace Gordie, you were well loved by many and will be greatly missed.

Mike (& Debbie).
parrotfarm

Postby canpac143 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:06 pm

sorry to to hear about Gordie, I wonder if anyone ever Recorded any of his storys
canpac143

Return to Insulator Related Topics