transpo washers

Here you can discuss any information or questions you have about insulators that don't seem to fit properly in the other sections of this forum. As well as any other type of insulator that doesn't have a place on this forum, such as radio strains and spools

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

transpo washers

Postby poorboy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Where can one get transposition washers or do you have to make them yourself?
Am I the only one that reads thisforum and posts or am I just the only dumb one on here? :oops:
poorboy

Re: transpo washers

Postby Fossulator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:11 pm

I believe you would have to make any washers yourself. The thin foam that usually comes wrapped around electronic gadgets would work, as would thin rubber. There was someone on ICON who at one time sold clear resin pins for tramps, but they weren't the cheapest.
I read the forum pretty much everyday, but don't post much as I'm not as active with insulators as I once was. I think there are others in a similar situation, but don't let that deter you from asking your questions. I'd rather read questions from a newby (we were all there, and there are no stupid questions) than have a board that nobody contributes to.
Fossulator

Postby poorboy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks for your reply and encouragement. I am still trying to sort through all the ones my wife and I have and learn the CD#sthat go with them. May have found a few pieces of gold but have to further study details to make sure.
I made a wooden pin today for one of my transpos from 11/4" doweling,just to hold it together. Sure would have been easier if I had a small lathe.
Too bad this forum doesn't have a buy,sell,swap section for members. I could use some missing 190s for my collection and probably have an overstock of something someone else could use for theirs.
poorboy

Postby 369reid » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Hey Gordon, I can send you a few pins and some thin rubber for the washers too. I have a few odd 190/191 parts around, maybe we could swap some pics and see what we have. Or, better yet, you could come up to Edmonton some time and see what;s available for sale/trade or in the freebie box.
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Postby Shawn143 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:38 pm

Plus in the summer, computer use tapers off, as evidenced on Ebay. It's a fact that the best sale prices are realized between Oct-April. I know I'd rather be outside in the summer (maybe digging for glass ;) ), and when it gets below freezing, lets be inside. That's probably a good reason for the low amount of postings.

Shawn
Shawn143

Postby poorboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 pm

369reid wrote:Hey Gordon, I can send you a few pins and some thin rubber for the washers too. I have a few odd 190/191 parts around, maybe we could swap some pics and see what we have. Or, better yet, you could come up to Edmonton some time and see what;s available for sale/trade or in the freebie box.

Thanks for the offer of the pins etc Reid but by sheer luck I was in Lethbridge yesterday and found some pins at a recycle and salvage yard of all strange places. The washers I will make out of some clear thin vinyl that I have from my tool box.
I will try and get some good pics of the transpos that I am needing parts for and post them if I can figure out how. May be a few days though as I have a lot on the go right now and don't move very fast.
poorboy

Return to Insulator Related Topics