insulator pins

Here you can discuss any information or questions you have about insulators that don't seem to fit properly in the other sections of this forum. As well as any other type of insulator that doesn't have a place on this forum, such as radio strains and spools

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Re: insulator pins

Postby poorboy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Shawn143 wrote:Gordon, actually you are right, as you can see, the pin I have in my 190/191 Diamond is tapered, as most pins probably are. It is loose in the bottom piece about halfway up, but the other half threads into place as the taper thickens.
1150 insulators??? Wow, you should be finding something interesting, different, or unique in there.

Shawn

Shawn that pin you show is a tapered pin for transpos. I found a site last night that shows there are three different pins. Standard,tapered and slight oversize. Unfortunately none at the show on Sat had any pins.
poorboy

Postby Shawn143 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Well, you know the saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". I figured with you & I posting, some one might have brought some. I guess "You can talk about needing insulator pins, but you can't make them bring 'em" Now with your research, I'll try and find some straight pins to see if they work.
As for your Hemi piece you were posting about, here's a couple pictures with a pin. Notice that pin is tapered as well.

Shawn
Attachments
Muncie.jpg
Muncie.jpg (13.27 KiB) Viewed 3103 times
muncie2.jpg
muncie2.jpg (13.81 KiB) Viewed 3103 times
Shawn143

Postby poorboy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Very nice Muncie. Appears to be in perfect condition as far as I can tell from the photo. Mine has a few chips in both pieces. :cry:
poorboy

Previous

Return to Insulator Related Topics