What's it worth?

Here you can discuss anything related to Canadian porcelain insulators.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

What's it worth?

Postby Sawyer1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:37 pm

I have acquired a few porcelain CPR pieces with the green CPR on the dome and some have a number stamped on the underside. I have looked every where for days on the internet to find a cd# and price of these fine looking pieces to no avail,other than Ebay or other sale sights but that doesn't give me a true value only what people think they are worth in their own mind. Was hoping someone could give me a real answer.
Happy Hunting.
Sawyer1

Re: What's it worth?

Postby Aidan Morgan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:12 pm

The porcelain insulators don't fall under the same numbering system as glass ones. You can find the porcelain identification and value guide in books published by Elton Gish. ( U ) numbers for the smaller unipart insulators and ( m ) numbers for the larger multipart insulators.
Aidan Morgan

Re: What's it worth?

Postby Chris Minicola » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:53 am

Hey - yeah, sorry this took so long to answer. This site doesn't get much traffic any more.

The white porcelain with green CPR inked on the dome is fairly common. They don't seem to get much interest from collectors in Ontario anyways. I've got a box full of them I can't sell.
I'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 bucks a piece for them. Whenever I take them to shows they end up not selling.
Chris Minicola

Return to Canadian Porcelain