Light Gray G.T.P Tel Co

Here you can discuss anything related to Canadian CDs 145, 152, 154, 155, 162, 162.4 & 164 as well as other CDs between these.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Light Gray G.T.P Tel Co

Postby gerrypocha » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Hello fellow collectors!Has anyone out there seen or own an example of the Gray 145 G.T.P Tel Co? These have no blue or ameythst tones whatsoever ,just a light gray.
Ive searched ICON but didnt find any pics at all of this elusive piece. I have personally pulled down about 20 of these near Watrous SK in the early nineties and a small pocket just west of Saskatoon at the back of the train yard.
As per usual i traded all of these away never to see another! Interesting piece that seems fairly unnoticed.Well on the topic i was always on the lookout for the clear G.T.P Tel co but i never found one, Im not sure these even exist...
gerrypocha

Re: Light Gray G.T.P Tel Co

Postby magic170 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:36 am

Clear you say. I would be surprised if there was a crystal clear but if there is would love to see it. I think I might have a grey one with some milk swirls I will have to see if I can locate it and then verify that it is actually grey.
magic170

Postby Barrett » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 am

Hey, Gerry

No sir, I've never seen one, but I will keep my eye out! Something tells me that colour variation would easily slip under the eyes of the less interested collectors who may happen to turn one up.
As for the clear piece, I doubt an insulator called "clear" in that age of Canadian glass would be truly clear. Pieces of that age are called "clear" when they're simply a shade of light gray without any real colour tones. Cool looking insulators, but calling them clear is a misnomer in my opinion. I suppose a "clear" G.T.P. CD-145 would look something like this:

http://www.insulators.info/pictures/?id=17453647

While we're on misnomers, I suppose calling them "colourless" would be a more accurate assessment. We'll save that argument for another time, though. :P
Barrett

Postby gerrypocha » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:48 am

Hi Barrett! How are you?. Yes the picture you sent is fairly colorless but stil a hint of s.c.a.The 145 G.T.P. Tel cos. had no amethyst tones at all. I have a 102 diamond in near clear and ive seen (and owned) 162.4 1678s in as clear as could be imagined. Those vintage 'clears' are very close to pure clear glass.Hey where are those pics you were going to send me ? :D
gerrypocha

Return to Canadian CDs 145 - 252