irriadiated purple 102's

Here you may post any questions you have regarding insulators.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

irriadiated purple 102's

Postby magic170 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:12 pm

There was a auction or a couple I should say on ebay with type three diamond ponies in purple that were fake I can't remember if someone on here bought one of the auctions or not. What I am looking for is a picture of them even one from the auction if someone saved one., Any help would be great.

Craig
magic170

Re: irriadiated purple 102's

Postby speleausmining » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:58 pm

I think I remember those but didnt pay much attention to them. Its important to note however that there are some Diamond ponies in royal purple as their original colour. I have dug 2 of them intact over the years both in the Ottawa area.
speleausmining

Postby magic170 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

The only true royal purple diamond ponies come in the bar diamond varieties, The closest you will get to a royal purple diamond in either the 060 embossing is the type 2 diamond ponies these are the speedy diamond variety. The colour on these is not really royal purple it is more of what I call a grape purple I can get pics of this colour if wanted. The ones in this auction where type 3 diamond ponies this is the mold that the teal blues, teal greens, and apple greens come in. This particuliar mold does not come in purple and that what was in the auction.

I have bought in the neighbourhood of a 1000 purples in the past 13 years and am not doubting that purples are not really in diamond ponies just doubting these three.

Craig
magic170

Postby matthew » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:08 pm

On a recent trip to Arizona, I had the pleasure of attending the Yuma Insulator Show which was really a great experience. A few days earlier I toured an old lead mining town outside of Yuma that had a great display of 19th century SCA coloured bottles and glassware that would typically used in the bars and restaurants during the years that the mine was in operation. The fallowing day I decided to do a tour of the antique shops around Yuma to gather up any insulator treasures before all of the collectors hit town. As I entered the largest antique shop, I was surprised to see for sale a large selection of bottles and glassware similar to what I had seen the day at the mine except it was all dark or royal purple in colour.The alarm bells went off. When I went through a large crate of insulators, all of the insulators were dark or royal purple, I was surprised at the large amount of Canadian glass that was represented. There were 102 speedy diamond ponies, 145 GTPs,TCRs,GNW TEL COs,1678s,and 143 CNR STANDARDs with the 5/16'' letter height that I recalled only came in aqua.There was also a large selection of royal purple California glass and a weird blue-purple Canpac very similar in colour to one that was on eBay about a month age. When I asked the owner where the insulators originated the only thing that she could tell me was that the insulators were on consignment. Beware that there are a lot of irradiated Canadian insulators lurking south of the 49th.About the only insulator that hasn't been irradiated yet is the Dominion-42.
Jerry
matthew

Postby Fossulator » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Don't be so sure. There are irradiated Dominion-42s in oddball amber shades, but not purple.
Fossulator

Return to Insulator Help & Questions