WCIC'10 in Drumheller!

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

WCIC'10 in Drumheller!

Postby Lena » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 am

Hello all,
Its a go! Dennis and I will host the Western Canadian Insulators Collectors 2010 Show and Swap and Talk and Visit and Eat. Here's the info, don't hesitate to email me if you need some more information. I've included some updated links at the bottom. Let me know if you plan to attend. I'll try to round up tables this year again. I shortened it to 3:00 pm since we were all ready to wrap up last year by this time, we can always stay later if we want.

Western Canadian Insulator Collectors 2010
Swap and Sale

July 24, 2010
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Drumheller, Alberta

This year’s show and sale will be held at the Homestead Antique Museum.
To find the museum, find Drumheller.
Find North Dinosaur Trail (en route to the Royal Tyrrell Museum) on the north side of town.
Head towards the Royal Tyrrell Museum.
Take the first left (south turn) after you see the Hospital, Homestead Museum and Funland.

The Homestead Museum is operated by a non-profit society.
We suggest a $20.00 donation to set up for this sale, this will include
admission to the Homestead Museum (and washrooms) for the participants and their families. All proceeds will go to the Homestead Museum as a donation.
In case of inclement weather, we’ll move inside the historic Murray House.
If you can, bring your own folding table. If you need a table, let Lena know and she’ll try to scrounge.
Let’s have a raffle again! And a freebies table!

Afterwards, the famous chef, Dennis Braman, is willing to share his culinary expertise at the Bar-b-que for participants and families at his home (Lena's too). We'll give directions at the event. All are welcome to come and share.

To book a table/spot: contact Lena at (403) 823-3045 or lbraman@telusplanet.net

Drumheller is hopping during the summer so if you need to book accommodations, do it early.
There’s a lot to do in town so bring your family along too!
Here are some links to help you along:
http://dinosaurvalley.com/
http://www.traveldrumheller.com/
http://www.westerntour.com/Drumheller/
http://www.atlascoalmine.ab.ca/

Please pass this along to our non-internet friends.
Lena

Re: WCIC'10 in Drumheller!

Postby 369reid » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 pm

We'll be there, Lena. I'll bring a table. Any of you eastern Canadian collectors who might like to join us will be more than welcome.
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Postby Lena » Wed May 05, 2010 8:49 am

You bet, Reid, all are welcome. The more the merrier and you don't even have to be Canadian! I'm hoping the ice cream shop is open this year ....
Lena

Postby Lena » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Hello all, the invitation is open to attend the WCIC'10 right here in beautiful (and right now, very green) Drumheller. If you plan on attending, could you drop me a line and let me know?

Tks,
Lena
lbraman@telusplanet.net
Lena

Postby poorboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Just a thank you to Dennis and Lena for hosting the event yesterday. It was a wonderful experience and very educational. Met a bunch of very nice and generous folks and hope to stay in touch over the net or at future meets.
poorboy

Postby magic170 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Not even a single picture ? :(

Craig
magic170

Postby magic170 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 pm

there we go that is a little better. :)

Craig
magic170

Postby 369reid » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:22 pm

I have a few pics but was waiting for a little help with some of the names. Memory problems? Who? Me? ;-) Did you get my email Lena?
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Postby Shawn143 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Well, I recognized you Reid, and I wasn't even there. :roll:
Cool smilies, but what happened to the "sticking out tongue"???? That would of been more appropriate. Cool pix. Thanks,

Shawn
Shawn143

Postby poorboy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:07 am

369reid wrote:I have a few pics but was waiting for a little help with some of the names. Memory problems? Who? Me? ;-) Did you get my email Lena?

I hope you remember the name of the person standing by the display case on the left or you have a worse memory than me :lol:
I sent Lena a thank you email two days after the show and asked her a question about an insulator in her display and have not heard a reply yet. Either she is having comp. problems again or is maybe gone on holidays.
poorboy

Next

Return to Insulator Shows