SEVENTH ANNUAL S.W.O.I.S.!

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Re: SEVENTH ANNUAL S.W.O.I.S.!

Postby Sluggo » Thu May 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Hey guys,

Count me in for the day as well. :D

DANG!!!! Some unexpected expenses have left me tapped out in the travel budget. I won't be able to attend the show this weekend. :(

Have a great day! I hope it doesn't rain too much on you. Forecast doesn't look too good at the moment.

Hopefully next year will be better for me.
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby Barrett » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:05 pm

So today was the big day! I expect a full description of the event from everyone who attended! How was the weather, turn out, the glass, the food, etc. Notable arrivals, either glass or human-kind. Do tell!
Doug, sorry to hear you couldn't make it. Hopefully next year, eh?
All the best!
Barrett

Postby Alex » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:46 am

Most excellent. Food was great! Compliments to the chefs that made it possible. I'm starting to wonder if we should call it a food show with insulators on the side. =-)

Weather was looking a bit suspect all week, but the sunshine came out nice and bright for the day.
The only downside to the day, when you drop your digital camera, make sure you check that its memory card is properly seated, or else the pics you think you have ain't going to be there. But, others had their cameras in action so some should turn up.

Alex.
Attachments
weather_5681.jpg
weather_5681.jpg (238.21 KiB) Viewed 8050 times
Alex

Postby Jack » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:24 pm

A big THANK YOU to the hosts for the fine food and putting up with us insulator nuts. I had a very nice time and enjoyed talking to the many people there. Sorry Barrett was up north, but understandable. I wish I would have thought to ask the names of the people I did talk to, it would have been nice to put names with faces. Again a Thanks for the good time, hopefully I can make again next year. Entered Canada at Niagra Falls and exited in Michigan, completly circled Lake Erie, long drive at my age by myself.
Jack
Jack

Postby Shawn143 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 pm

Procrastination is one of my strong points, I'm really, really good at it. I was dumping some pictures off my memory card and since nobody has posted any pics of the 7th annual show, maybe it's time. Also, I figure the MIA host would want to see a few. A brief synopsis of the day. As expected, the weather was fantastic, the crowd was lively, the food was delish, the glass had class, and best of all, the neighbour didn't cut his grass Saturday at all. There was a few people that were obvious absentees that might of normally been there (I'm not including Barrett), but there were some new faces that seemed ecstatic to be mingling, browsing and purchasing. Had a decent crop of US participants from Michigan, Ohio and New Yawk State(accent intended :) ), plus a first timer from New Brunswick. As usual, hosts Henry & Hilary went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect from start to finish, a big thanks to them. Anyways, here's a few pictures.
Attachments
2010Show067.JPG
2010Show067.JPG (166.3 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
2010Show066.JPG
2010Show066.JPG (165.87 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
2010Show065.JPG
2010Show065.JPG (161.97 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
Shawn143

Postby Shawn143 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Pictures, part II

Shawn

Where'd that big beer come from?
Attachments
mmmmm, beeeeer005.JPG
mmmmm, beeeeer005.JPG (93.69 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
2010Show069.JPG
2010Show069.JPG (180.32 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
2010Show068.JPG
2010Show068.JPG (175.94 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
Shawn143

Postby 369reid » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks for posting the pics, Shawn. Glad to hear it was a good day. Hope to get there next year.
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Postby Barrett » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Hey, Shawn!

Thanks a lot for the photo post - it does look like the weather turned out well! I wish I could have made it, as I'm sure it would have been a great time as usual. I wish I had a chance to see everyone again, especially the esteemed Bruce Gorham!
Thanks to everyone who came out. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves!
Oh, and a heads up far, far in advance. We may be hosted the show two weeks earlier next year, as a family member is having a wedding on that Saturday in 2011. That way I can hopefully still attend, even if a summer job opportunity such as this one arises again. I would love to be able to attend the show that is hosted at my house. Spread the word!
All the best,
Barrett

Previous

Return to Insulator Shows