SEVENTH ANNUAL S.W.O.I.S.!

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

SEVENTH ANNUAL S.W.O.I.S.!

Postby Barrett » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:10 am

Hello, all!

Well, I think it's about time I announced the date for this year's South Western Ontario Insulator Swap. We're planning on hosting the event on the 5th of June this year, the same first Saturday in June as always. As always, there will be good food and lots of good company! Hopefully the weather will cooperate!
Attached is the show flyer, and the directions to the show! I'll look forward to seeing all the familiar faces out for the day, and hopefully a few new ones. :)
All the best!

B.

SEVENTH ANNUAL SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO
INSULATOR MEET
SATURDAY JUNE 5TH, 2010
MOUNT BRYDGES, ONTARIO, CANADA

SET UP AT 10:30 a.m.
TRADING & DEALING BEGINS AT 11:30
BBQ WILL BE FIRED UP AT 1:00 p.m.

The Iannellis & Nicpons are pleased to invite you to the seventh annual spring insulator swap. The swap will be held in a beautiful country setting located 3 km (2 miles) southeast of Mount Brydges, and 10 km (6 miles) southwest of London, Ontario. Absolutely everyone is welcome to come out to swap stories, and glass, as well as make friends, and enjoy the beautiful Ontario spring weather. People interested in attending should contact Tom Iannelli or Barrett Nicpon (see below for contact information). The meet will be held “rain or shine”.

There will be a fee of $10 for anyone wishing to set up a table, in order to help offset the cost of the barbeque. Please note that there will be only sufficient food & beverages available only for those who RSVP.

If you wish to set up, please bring your own table if at all possible. There will be a limited number of tables on hand.

PLEASE R.S.V.P. BY MAY 29th, 2010

TOM IANNELLI: BARRETT NICPON: 519-641-0098 519-264-2572
tiannelli0098@rogers.com nopcin_tterrab@hotmail.com

A location map and directions are outlined on the back. For more information about local accommodations and attractions access http://www.city.london.on.ca or http://www.lambeth.ca.

WE HOPE ALL INTERESTED COLLECTORS CAN ATTEND!!!
Attachments
Swap Map - June 2010.jpg
Swap Map - June 2010.jpg (237.34 KiB) Viewed 11843 times
Barrett

Re: SEVENTH ANNUAL S.W.O.I.S.!

Postby Jack » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:37 am

Got my passport, nothing to worry about anymore so I am planning on attending. Sometime you need to just get away and enjoy yourself while you still can.
Jack
Jack

Postby Barrett » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 am

Hey, everyone

Jack - it'll be great to see you up here again. It's been a long time since we met most recently!
Ricky - see you there!

B.
Barrett

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:59 pm

I think I might just stop and have a look around. =-)

Alex.
Alex

Postby parrotfarm » Thu May 13, 2010 6:57 am

This thread has been quiet for a couple of months now... is the show still going to happen Barrett?? Haven't seen it mentioned on ICON etc so just wondering...

Mike.
parrotfarm

Postby Shawn143 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Guess I should pipe up and say "I'm there!!!!" on the 5th. I'd hate to ruin my perfect attendance record.

Shawn
Shawn143

Postby Barrett » Wed May 19, 2010 6:58 am

Hello, all!

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while - school has been taking a precedent in my life these days that I've never experienced before. I spent 11 days this month in northern Ontario for a field mapping school, and now I'm only back for a few days before heading north to Baffin Island for the summer! I have a job working at an iron mining company there which will entail a whole lot of hiking, and a whole lot of rocks. Sounds like an absolutely ideal summer job to me. ;)
Anyways, yes the show is still on for the first Saturday in June! There's no way we'd miss a show here if we don't need to! Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend my own show this year, but I already have RSVPs from several collectors who are setting up tables, and several more who are only coming to browse. It sounds like it may be a good year! I'm going to miss seeing you all here for certain, but my Dad will be around to peruse the sales tables and talk with you all, and since we're both part of the same collecting entity, I think that's just as good. ;)
A full BBQ spread is planned for this year, as is always the case. Pulled pork, sausages, and I believe chili this year too!
Please contact me with RSVPs in the next week or so, if you haven't already. My parents will need some idea of how much food to buy, and I appreciate hearing back from folks sooner than later.
All the best,
Barrett

Postby Alex » Thu May 20, 2010 8:04 pm

School waits for no man. We'll miss ya at the show.

Alex.
Alex

Postby Shawn143 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Won't be the same without ya, dude. But there are some priorities that when completed will pay for themselves. We'll take and post some pics for your perusal. Also, count me in for a spot in the yard. Sales aplenty, and all sales are with no GST, PST or HST.

Shawn
Shawn143

Postby Fossulator » Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 am

You had me at chili
I'll be there again this year
Fossulator

Next

Return to Insulator Shows