Ontario Fall Swap

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Re: Ontario Fall Swap

Postby Chris Minicola » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:58 am

I wasn't able to make it either. I had plans already for that day plus late night at work the night before.
Hope it went well.
Chris Minicola

Postby Barrett » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Good get together, Dave! Thanks again for hosting it, and thanks as well to everyone who came out!
All the best,
Barrett

Postby Shawn143 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi all, here's a couple of pics from the gathering at Dave's place. Great location, well suited for a show, lots of atmosphere, good natural lighting. The food came out at just the right time, and they had a killer batch of chili, a little short on the habanero peppers, but hey..... :twisted: Not that I'm pushing anything, but seems like a perfect location for an annual mid-Ontario fall gathering. Bonus picture, a killer green threadless that just screams "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!

Shawn143
Attachments
Show 019.JPG
Show 019.JPG (95.59 KiB) Viewed 7731 times
Show 016.JPG
Show 016.JPG (82.49 KiB) Viewed 7731 times
Show 015.JPG
Show 015.JPG (94.79 KiB) Viewed 7731 times
Shawn143

Postby Manfred Hager » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:29 am

I echo Shawn's comments and thank Dave for hosting the show and providing the good food and access to a great location. A big THANK YOU goes out to Shawn who helped facilitate the purchase of a threadless insulator as a result of an online ad posted in Windsor. Shawn went out of his way and acted as an intermediary to pick up and complete the purchase and then deliver the insulator to me at the show. Shawn's words to me were in effect that "I would be very pleased" as he reached into a box and pulled out a 740.1 in pretty well near mint condition. Shawn related that according to the vendor, the insulator had been picked up along the railway tracks and then used for "many" years as a doorstop. Those who examined the insulator at the show couldn't come up with a name for the colour, but after looking at it for a few days, I think a "caramel honey swirl" paints a pretty close image. It took quite a few tries and waiting for just the right amount of sunlight, but I finally did get some pictures which I have attached. And for those asking, the purchase price was $10.00 !!

Manfred
Attachments
740.1base.jpg
740.1base.jpg (115.43 KiB) Viewed 7714 times
740.1front.jpg
Base
740.1front.jpg (187.29 KiB) Viewed 7714 times
Manfred Hager

Postby novascotiaglass » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Lay down Sally, now that's what I call one fine looking threadless. Looks good enough to eat, like a big piece of caramel.

Great great find Manfred, although I think you over paid ;)
Glass Junkie....I need another fix
novascotiaglass

Postby Aidan Morgan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi Manfred ,
Boy that is one HONEY of a find , and you sure can't buy much CANDY for that price either. :roll:
Very nice.

Take care , and Have a Very Merry Christmas.
Aidan
Aidan Morgan

Postby 369reid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:03 am

Well, Manfred, all I can say to you is; a fantastic find at an even fantasticer price! and to Shawn I would have given you $20.00 for it. ;) You are to be commended for your kindness in helping your fellow collectors in obtaining great threadless pieces.

Have a very "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and all the best in 2010 to all of you.
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Postby Lee S. » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:38 am

Wow, that's incredible! Congrats on the find Manfred!
Lee S.

Previous

Return to Insulator Shows