Ontario Fall Swap

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Ontario Fall Swap

Postby Chris Minicola » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:57 am

Unfortunately, I'm not able to host the fall swap this year and I was hoping someone else would volunteer to do it. After hearing back from a few people with no takers I thought I'd throw this out there. It's been a busy fall for me so I haven't had much time to think about the swap. If there was interest in doing it I can supply names and email addresses from past years. I know it's a little later in the year than we usually hold this event but there seems to be lots of interest so it might be worth a go.

Oh, and by the way, I really like the new message board. Many thanks go out to Bill and Ricky for all their hard work.

Thanks.
Chris Minicola

Re: Ontario Fall Swap

Postby dusterdave » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi Chris I might be the guy to help out with a fall swap,if every one doesn't think its too late.I have a large bright heated building so it could be held indoors.I'm near Orangeville ontario so we are not to far from anyone.Let me know what you think guys ..........dusterdave71@yahoo.com
dusterdave

Postby Chris Minicola » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:02 am

Go for it Dave, it's all yours if you want it. I probably can't make it because we're doing renovations plus things are pretty busy at work so I'm having to do overtime on the weekends.
Chris Minicola

Postby CliMac » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:16 am

dusterdave wrote:Hi Chris I might be the guy to help out with a fall swap,if every one doesn't think its too late.I have a large bright heated building so it could be held indoors.I'm near Orangeville ontario so we are not to far from anyone.Let me know what you think guys ..........dusterdave71@yahoo.com

That would be about the same amount of driving for me as to Chris' place so I could possibly show up. Your challenge at this time of the year will be to give enough lead time for folks to get some insulators together and work out scheduling, but still get it in before the snow flies. Should still be doable.
CliMac

Postby Sluggo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Hey Dave,

I'm up for a road trip if you can get it organized. :D

Sooner is better than later as the weather on Highway 400/69 can get pretty dicey by November. :o

Let us know!
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby dusterdave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Ok folks after talking to some of you guys on the telephone and email ect,I've decidedto host the fall swap.The show is to be held on the Saturday nov.28th. Location ..5936 8th Line Hillsburgh Ontario.I'm about 10 k south west of Orangeville.Show will be held indoors.(heated bright and lots of room)Set up time to be at 10-30am trading and dealing to start at 11-30am.we'll do a BBQ lunch at 1pm and a fee of $8 to offset the costs. Everone intrested in this event should let me know as soon as possible as time is short on this one. Call or e-mail me dusterdave71@yahoo.com or 519-855-9403
dusterdave

Postby Brett Bloxam » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks for taking this on - count me in

Brett
Brett Bloxam

Postby Sluggo » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:19 am

Hi Dave,

Sounds like a plan. I'm marking it on my calendar now.

Count me in! :D

I presume we will need to bring our own tables?

See you then.
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby Randy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:22 pm

Sounds Great!!! I'll be bringing a full Table!
Randy

Postby Randy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:09 am

threadless wrote:I might be able to attend, I don't know for sure yet though.

Ricky.... Who be the man that gives you da good deals Eh???? So ya gotta show LOL....
Randy

Next

Return to Insulator Shows