WCIC'10?

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

WCIC'10?

Postby Lena » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 am

Hi all,

Is there interest in a WCIC'10? There was talk last year of it possibly moving to Assiniboine for a year, but I've lost or never had the contact information. How do you feel about another WCIC?

TKS,
Lena
Lena

Re: WCIC'10?

Postby 369reid » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Lena & all, I'm interested in a WCIC'10 and it makes no difference to me where it is held. I think, tho, that Alberta is the mid way point between the western provinces and Drumheller possibly the ideal spot. Bill Dyck is the member from Assinaboia who possibly could arrange a meet in Sask. Due to the fires in B.C. last year we did'nt get many members from there so hoping for better turn out this year. Just my 2 cents.
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Postby daverosy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:04 am

Assiniwhat? (just kiddin').

I never made last year because of work. Gotta pay the mortgage!

Over the Rockies is a stretch for me, but Sask... a definite, nada.

I was kicking around the idea with Dave Flieshman (sp?), of Langley, BC about a Vancouver area BBQ or something.

I should stir it up with him again...
Canadian glass is COOL!
daverosy

Postby Lena » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 pm

Yup, kick it up. Bob Scafe is hosting his Merritt bash again in September. Hubby and I will probably be able to drop in for a few hours since we plan to vacation in BC in Sept. Not all can get away in Sept though.

Dennis and I are willing to host again in Drumheller, we enjoy it. We need to pick a date soon. The National is July 16-18th in Massachusetts.

Ideas? Let's keep in touch before it gets too late to plan.

Cheers,
L.
Lena

Postby Raven » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Lena
I haven't gotten much done by way of talking to the other Saskatchewan colllectors out here and its starting to look like I might not even be able to make it this year.I guess what I am trying to say is we might as well continue with Drumheller as it seems to be a more central location.And you guys have done such an exeptional job in the past.Thx and hopefully I can make it this year.
Raven

Postby 369reid » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:20 pm

How does July 24th sound? Time is going by quickly so would like to see some input as to when and where. As Lena & Dennis would be willing to host again this year it would be nice to let them know how we all feel. Any other suggestions?
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Return to Insulator Shows