Canada's First meet of 2012 - APRIL 21

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Canada's First meet of 2012 - APRIL 21

Postby D Laframboise » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi All,

A quick word out to wish you all the best and hope that 2012 brings you prosperous year in life and the hobby.

This year's spring OVIC show is planned for Sat. April 21. OVIC's ICON show page is in the process of being updated so here are the details:

Ottawa Valley Insulator Club’s (OVIC) 14TH annual show and sale, Saturday, April 21st in the Perth Lions Hall at the Perth Fairgrounds, 60 Arthur St., Perth, Ontario, Canada. Featuring coloured glass and porcelain, threaded and threadless insulators, foreign insulators, go-withs including signs, lightning rod balls, telephone related items and railroadiana. Setup begins at 7:00 A.M with dealer trading starting at 9:00 A.M. sharp. The hall will open to the public at 10:00 A.M. and tear-down will begin around 2:00 P.M. Coffee and Lunch will be available for purchase from the Lioness Ladies. Info: DARCY LAFRAMBOISE 613-545-2423 or dlaraspberry@hotmail.com Show link www.insulators.info/clubs/OVIC (update in progress)

Please give me a note if you have any ideas or thoughts on this year's show. I am toying around with the idea of maybe having a raffle this year. It's been quite a while since we did this.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there again this year!

Regards,

Darcy Laframboise
OVIC 2012 Show Host
D Laframboise

Re: Canada's First meet of 2012 - APRIL 21

Postby Lee S. » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:19 am

Hi Darcy,

I'll be there again this year, put me down for a table.

I'm glad to see the show has moved back to it's old time slot.

Lee.
Lee S.

Postby D Laframboise » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Hello All:

Just a reminder that OVIC's 2012 Insulator Show and Sale is just one month away! Although with the way the weather's been here it seems like it should be happening right now! Some tables have been reserved already, and I appreciate the support.

OVIC 2012 will be held on Saturday the 21st of April in the Lions Hall on the Perth fair grounds. Perth is about 45 minutes from the US-Canadian border in Eastern Ontario. I expect things will be similar to last year's show, which saw a full house of sales tables with a few displays here and there.

We will be bringing back the raffle after a long absence. Howard Banks of Crown Jewels Magazine has so very generously donated to OVIC three sets of 3 CD 123 E.C.&MCo.SF CJOW 2011 commemorative insulators and we will be raffling off one of those sets at this year's show. They are just stunning in Electric Blue, Ruby Red and Orange! Howard has also included a box of Crown Jewels magazines to be given out at the show.

More details on OVIC and the town of Perth are available on the OVIC web site athttp://www.insulators.info/clubs/ovic/ . A note of thanks to Bill Meier for hosting the site and working the content as needed and to Howard Banks and Crown Jewels Magazine for so generously donating the beautiful sets of comemmoratives and the box of Crown Jewels magazines.
If anyone has any questions or would like to reserve a table, please contact me at ....... dlaraspberry@hotmail.com

Hope to see you there!
Thanks, Darcy
D Laframboise

Postby Robin Plewes » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi All:
Just wondering who's going to this year's OVIC show :?: I don't see a lot of chatter about it ..... It's different not being in the host's chair :)

I'll have a table of mixed glass, maybe some mud and a few bags of oxalic acid crystals. I can't say I'm seriously looking for anything, but if anyone has a neat U2421 cable top porcelain they would like to share, I'm be happy to chat about them. I'm looking for a green one and I hear there is a true grey color also.

Hope to see many of you in Perth again this year. :D

Robin
Robin Plewes

Postby treemendous » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:23 am

I'll be there this year. Looking to unload some glass, threaded and threadless all Canadian.
Steve G.
treemendous

Postby Bushman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Darcy;Good possibility i can get away,will bring some glass and railway items,and if anyone has an interest in a stamped porcelian 1939 Hydro suspension i.ll load it also..just let me know,So if you can reserve a table,i,ll confirm later next week Andy
Bushman

Postby Sluggo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wanting to chime in publicly. I will be in Perth again this year. :)

I will have a few go-with type items for sale this year, besides the usual insulators for sale.

As usual, I am also putting together a display table. I'm going to have a few really rare ones in the display this time.

See you all next weekend. See the rest of the travelling gang for Chinese on Friday night.
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby Bushman » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Can anyone confirm if the motels,on the highway are still in business,, been 5 years,numbers available?Thanks
Bushman

Postby Sluggo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Yep,
I booked a room at the Tay Motel a week ago. They have a special price for the Insulator Show of $59 a night. Just ask for the Insulator Show rate. The Aquarius is stil there, at least as of last year, but pretty much everyone has moved across the road to the Tay Motel.
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby D Laframboise » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:53 am

Hi All,

Looks like we're in for a good turnout this year! Glad to see so many have been able to make it out this year. All the arrangements for the show are mostly put together now. Just have to finish getting my insulator haul together for the show.

I am hoping to maybe come up on Friday night with the wife and stay at the Tay Inn so I can get an early start to the day. It would be nice to meet up and chat before the show.

Looks again like "Mr. Threadless" (Alan Hall)'s show and tell is shaping up to be another great highlight of the show. Looks like the nice long insulator hunting season this spring has yielded some "big fish."

I had a large haul of porcelain from a collection I bought last year, mostly older stuff (1910's-1940's) with cruder glazing and in many colours. There's spools, strains, cables, and other odds and ends. Is there anyone who has any interest in this kind of stuff. I am going to bring one of each different item from the collection which is enough to fill up a recycling bin.

See ya at the show!

Darcy
D Laframboise

Next

Return to Insulator Shows