Western Canadian Insulator Club Show

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Western Canadian Insulator Club Show

Postby 369reid » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Th 2012 W.C.I.C. show and sale will be held July 20th & 21st at the "Footloose Caboose Lodge". The lodge is 45 mins. east of Edmonton on Hwy 14, turn south (right) on range road 204 and follow the signs. From Camrose, 30 mins. north on secondary hwy 833 to township road 502 and follow the signs. Tofield is 15 mins. to the east. Please check our website at http://www.footloosecaboose.com. We have some accomodations available in our cabooses and three cabins. Please, reserve early.
Come early! Free camping, tenting and RV parking. 6 foot tables will also be provided. On Fri. (20th) join us at the campfire for a marshmellow roast and chat. Bring a chair and beverage or cup. Coffee will be provided. The dining car will be open for your dining pleasure. Sat. (21st) set up when you're ready. Un-official show time will be from 10 am. - 3 pm. Dining car will be open for breakfast & lunch. Reserve early for 4 course evening meal. Sun. (22nd) complimentary breakfast for those members who stay over. You are welcome to stay around for the flea market in the afternoon. Contact Eva or Ray at 1-888-308-6776 or 780-662-2160 or email cabeese@telusplanet.net.

This year we will be raffling off 3 C.J.O.W. commemoratives (Mark Lauckner made EC&M"s) and handing out free copies of C.J.O.W mags. Both very generously donated by Howard & Linda Banks. We had a very successful show last year with some new as well as the usual faces. Hope to see lots of both again this year. This fantastic setting and added attractions (raffles) should help to lure more people to come out. We will also be advertising at the local antique/collectable shops around the area. The flea market on Sunday should prove to be interesting as well for those who can stay around.
Last edited by 369reid on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Re: Western Canadian Insulator Club Show

Postby Lena » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:59 am

Sounds like a good fun place to meet, hope to see you all there!
Lena

Postby gerrypocha » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:36 am

Im coming for almost certain Reid,totally looking forward to it. I had a great time last year in sunny Drumheller. That experie :) nce will be hard to top but this will be awesome too! So everybody, who else is planning on attending?
gerrypocha

Postby gerrypocha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Oh well,just the three of us i guess :(
gerrypocha

Postby magic170 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Am going to try to make it to the show for a couple hours at least on the Sat. Not sure how much glass I can bring maybe a crate or some traders maybe a couple sales piece. Is there anything anyone would like me to bring for show and tell. Reid I will would ask your to bring that olive 162.4 but I will probably stop by when in the city to see all the additions

Craig
magic170

Postby Aidan Morgan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:42 pm

I'll be there for the week-end and I think Bob & Bev Scafe will be there too. There will probably be some other B.C. collectors there as well. I look forward to meeting some new faces also . We will be in Alberta for the week as we have a family reunion in the south the following week-end.

Take care all
Aidan
Aidan Morgan

Postby magic170 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Is there going to be tables is there a cost for tables. I am only going to be there about 2 hours from 10-12 but plan on bringing some glass anyone have a table I can use a corner of to put out some sales/traders/display pieces.
magic170

Postby 369reid » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:33 pm

There will be six foot tables available (free), Craig, but if none left, we will find a space for you somewhere.
Canadian Insulators Rock
369reid

Postby gerrypocha » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi everyone! If anybody has a 190-91 Diamond for sale i would ask you to bring them as i dont have a single one in my small collection(except for the common Royal Purple one) :D
gerrypocha

Postby daverosy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 pm

It's looking pretty good that I'll be there as well!
The stars aligned and I'm looking forward to seeing some old(er) faces and some new ones.
I'm packing (for our road trip) now and including a bin of nice stuff. (hint NWBIT...)
Here's hoping for no delays and I should see ya next week.

Cheers,

Dave
Canadian glass is COOL!
daverosy

Next

Return to Insulator Shows