Canada's First Meet of 2011 - April 30th

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Canada's First Meet of 2011 - April 30th

Postby Robin Plewes » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:35 am

Hi All:
Just a quick word to wish you all the best in life and collecting in 2011.

The spring OVIC show is planned for April 30th in Perth. The OVIC web pages have most of the details. Please give me a note if you have any ideas or thoughts on this year's show.
http://www.insulators.info/clubs/ovic/

Looking forward to seeing many of you again this year.

Robin Plewes
OVIC 2011 Show Host
Robin Plewes

Re-Announcing OVIC 2011 - April 30th - Perth

Postby Robin Plewes » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:58 am

Hello All:
I've had a bit more time to do this right :)
This is to let everyone know that the OVIC 2011 insulator show promotion is underway. Some tables have been reserved already and I appreciate the support.
OVIC 2011 will be held on Saturday the 30th of April, in the Lions Hall on the Perth fair grounds. Perth is about 45 minutes from the US-Canadian border in Eastern Ontario. I expect things will be similar to last year's show, which saw a full house of sales tables with a few displays here and there.
More details on OVIC and the town of Perth are available on the OVIC web site at: http://www.insulators.info/clubs/ovic , which has been recently updated thanks to Bill Meier.

As with many previous OVIC shows, OVIC will again be supporting http://www.insulators.info / ICON / this forum ;) and Crown Jewels Magazine through both table rentals and voluntary admissions.

Maplefest is happening in Perth on April 30th also. Why not make OVIC 2011 a family event? I think many of us have family who support our hobby, but draw the line at being anchored in a room full of insulator gear. Like OVIC shows, Maplefest has been running for many years and the town of Perth puts a lot of effort into this noted attraction. Follow this link http://www.maplefest.com/ for more info on this seasonal celebration.

If anyone has any questions, show suggestions or would like to reserve a table, please contact me at Robin.Plewes@cmcelectronics.ca and I'll do my best to help out.

Hope to see you there ............... Robin

PS With the ever increasing price of Canadian postage, going to an insulator show makes even more sense :- )
Robin Plewes

Re: Canada's First Meet of 2011 - April 30th

Postby Robin Plewes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:00 am

Hi All:
Pretty quiet on this forum these days.
Anybody else wonder how Jason and his Dad can be digging at this time of year ? :o Nice looking piece guys!

OVIC 2011 preparations are coming along OK. There are a few folks coming up from the US. Doug is having another of his great displays. Lee is posting the show on a few web sites. I've been speaking with a local reporter in hopes of getting some show coverage.

Darcy will be helping with the set up and is open for show input and reservations, as am I.

Hope to see many of you in Perth again.

Robin
Robin Plewes

Postby Sluggo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Hey Robin and guys,

Thanks for dumping all that pressure on me Robin. I guess I have to come up with another "great display" to keep up my reputation. :D

As I always say before the Perth show.... if you have unloved foreign glass taking up space on your shelves, bring it along. Also, I am always on the lookout for oddball non-glass/non-porcelain stuff (rubber, plastic, composition, wood, etc.) in both pin-type and strains.

If you have any spare radio strains, especially coloured or embossed ones, bring them along too.

See everyone there. 8-)
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby Robin Plewes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:14 am

Hi Doug and All:
Thanks for the great effort you put into OVIC shows Doug.
Most of your collection is made up of insulators that many of us have not seen before. I'm sure if you put your hand on any given box, it will contain something of interest to the rest of us ;)
The table count is going well for this years meet. There are a few collectors that I've not heard from yet. Perhaps I'll use the phone one evening rather than sending E-mails into cyber space. The old ways are tried and true :lol:
Cheers,
Robin
Robin Plewes

Postby Robin Plewes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:00 am

Hi All:
As some of you probably know, we're on track for the spring Ottawa Valley Insulator Collector ( OVIC ) show and sale on April 30th. Most of the tables are spoken for, but there is still room for more reservations. The hall will be busy according to the number of collectors who have said they are coming. Contact me if you have any thoughts or questions about the show.
Collectors are expected from Quebec, Columbia SA, IL, NS, NY, Sudbury and Southern Ontario. I'm expecting everything from Freebies to Threadless Diggings to Foreign Insulators at this years show. There will be some local newspaper coverage before the show also. Last year, this coverage brought in a few local folks who left with insulators or insulator knowledge.
OVIC 2011 will be held on Saturday the 30th of April, in the Lions Hall on the Perth fair grounds. Perth is about 45 minutes from the US-Canadian border in Eastern Ontario. I expect things will be similar to last year's show, which saw a full house of sales tables with a few displays here and there.
Maplefest is happening in Perth on April 30th also. Why not make OVIC 2011 a family event? I think many of us have family who support our hobby, but draw the line at being anchored in a room full of insulator gear. Like OVIC shows, Maplefest has been running for many years and the town of Perth puts a lot of effort into this noted attraction. Follow this link http://www.maplefest.com/ for more info on this seasonal celebration.
The show web site is at http://www.insulators.info/clubs/ovic/ { Thanks to Bill Meier }
Coffee and some lunches will be available.
To those who have already booked a table(s), I thank you very much for the support!
Looking forward another show in Perth. :)
Robin

Email @ Robin.Plewes@cmcelectronics.ca
Phone before 9.00pm EST @ 1-613-256-7638

PS With the ever increasing price of Canadian postage, going to an insulator show makes even more sense :- )
Robin Plewes

Return to Insulator Shows