Ontario fall swap

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Ontario fall swap

Postby dusterdave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Hello all..Talked to Chris Minicola today about doing the fall show,he says that he will not be able to. So we have decided to do it again at my place.I was thinking of hosting it on the Saturday 2nd of October.Perhaps the weather may still be nice enough be be outside,if not we have lots of room inside..It would be really nice if we could get some of this years threadless finds brought to show.Anyway guys let me know what you think?
dusterdave

Re: Ontario fall swap

Postby Sluggo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:51 am

Hi Dave,

Sounds good to me. I should be able to make it down for that weekend.

Your place is certainly a great spot to have the fall swap. Loads of outside space and lots of inside room if it rains or whatever. For those who didn't go last year, you missed something good.

Let's all turn out this year and make it a swap to remember.
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby Bushman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:24 am

Would like to get to one show this year,little free time for the next few years
Bushman

Postby treemendous » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm free that weekend, is this still a go or not??? I've got lots of threaded stuff to bring!
Thanks
Steve
treemendous

Postby dusterdave » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey show is still a go.I have lots of glass for sale this year to.. I'm also looking to buy some higher end glass this year. Can everybody start to let me know if they can make it or not? We have extra chairs and tables this year if needed..
dusterdave

Postby Barrett » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey, Dave!

I've been meaning to call you for a while, but I just got back from out east.. and before that, I had just got back from up north!
I'll be there for sure, barring any mid terms that may take place that day. You have a great place there!
All the best,

Barrett
Barrett

Postby dusterdave » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Looking forward to seeing you again this year Barret
dusterdave

Postby TedW » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm looking for large classic or early porcelain multiparts. Does anyone who is attending have anything of that sort?
TedW

Postby parrotfarm » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:41 am

Hey Dave, thanks for doing this again this year... we'll be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone again before the long cold winter sets in :-(

Mike (& Debbie).
parrotfarm

Postby Robin Plewes » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:39 am

Hi All:
I'll be coming down for a few hours. :)

Looking for commons ...
If anyone has common 154s / 155s / 203s / 165s / 165.1s / 214s / Hemi Blue 145s or porcelain signals in vnm or better condition they want to unload in trade, bring them along. I'm borrowing a truck for this trip and hope to have it full for the return trip.
If the commons could be packed for road travel, that would be great. It's hard to bring empty boxes in an open truck. :roll:

Send me a note at [url]highdome@gmail.com[/url] if anyone has any thoughts on this option.

Looking forward to seeing everyone .......... Robin
Robin Plewes

Next

Return to Insulator Shows