Ontario fall swap

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Re: Ontario fall swap

Postby Brett Bloxam » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Count me in - what time do you want people to show up? Please post or send directions

Thanks
Brett
Brett Bloxam

Postby parrotfarm » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Hey Robin - I've got lots of those, most of them cleaned and packed into boxes too! What kind of things are you bringing along to trade? And, of even more interest, what are you planning to do with the dang things once you get 'em???

MIKE.
parrotfarm

Postby Robin Plewes » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:58 am

Hi Mike / Brett:

Dave's place is at 5936 8th line of Hillsburgh, pretty easy from Newmarket. At least, that's what Google Maps tells me :)

Those insulators sound fine Mike. I'm bringing a selection of my sales stock of traders. US and Canadian glass with a bit of mud thrown in. I can't bring a whole lot as it would cut into my commons capacity ;) I guess it'll be what ever I can fit in the cab with me, leaving the back for commons.
I have a home for these insulators if I get enough to make it worth while. If I get enough of them, maybe Dominion 42 will become rare :lol:

See you in a couple of weeks ........... Robin
Robin Plewes

Postby Manfred Hager » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi Dave! Good of you to host the show again this year. Paul Axman and myself will be there and we'll each be bringing a large amount of glass! Looking forward to seeing everybody there.

Manfred Hager
Manfred Hager

Postby Shawn143 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:10 pm

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year's gathering. Too much going on this weekend, and getting out of town for any function on Saturday couldn't happen. Enjoy the day!!!

Shawn
Shawn143

Postby Sluggo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:09 am

Hey Dave and Everyone Else!

I'm still planning to attend on Saturday. Things are looking good for the weekend.

I have a very large plain brown porcelain multipart on a steel post. I think this anchor is 15" across and close to 18" tall. If anyone is interested, it is available FREE to a good home, but I am not going to drag it down there if noone wants it. If there are no takers it will go to the dump next week. I have to get it out of my way here. A picture is attached. The small one is no longer available, only the monster one.

See everyone there on Saturday.
Attachments
Multi for Giveaway.jpg
Large multi to give away!
Multi for Giveaway.jpg (86.64 KiB) Viewed 8972 times
Last edited by Sluggo on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby TedW » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:12 am

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it; midterm at the exact time and duration of the show. What are the chances?
TedW

Postby james » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Doug,

Just noticed your free ad in ICAN. for that overgrown paperweight.
I've come up with a plan for a few of mine. Maybe you'll reconsider and want to make one for yourself.

I've been rebuilding the porch around the house the last few weeks. In a couple places I am going to put a bench and low table using these anchors as the legs.

I will bolt 2 of them to the deck. The top has a piece of flat metal bolted to it, maybe 8 inches long and 2 wide, with a couple holes drilled in it to allow screws into the underside of the wood top. Same idea for a bench with a backrest. Two pieces of flat metal 20 inches and 3 wide, are bent at less than 90 degrees . Bolted to the top of the insulator and screwed to the underside of the seat as well as into the back of the backrest.

For one bench I have a gnarly 4 ft section of an old pine tree cut in half lengthwise with a chainsaw. Sanded smooth it looks pretty good to me.

Of course with just one you might have to settle for a small round table......

yeah, yeah. I know. I keep sharing these ideas and pretty soon there will be more collectors after these things and then we will have to start paying for them :)

james
james

Postby dusterdave » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi guys ....Forgot to say that there will be a BBQ lunch for those intrested,nothing fancy though.Perhaps hamburgers,chilly something like that you know.. Not like Barretts place thats for sure :(
dusterdave

Postby parrotfarm » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 am

Hey Dave -- are the set up (10:30 AM) and start (11:30 AM) times the same as last year?? Just curious so I know how early I have to get up and get the van packed, birds fed, etc. before we head out in your direction... Thanks,

Mike
parrotfarm

PreviousNext

Return to Insulator Shows