Ontario fall swap

In this part of the forum you can discuss anything related to insulator shows including finds from insulator shows as well as dates and locations of upcoming shows.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Re: Ontario fall swap

Postby Fossulator » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Doug: I'll take that boat anchor, if it isn't already spoken for. The problem is, I won't be at the show. Anybody willing to lug this beast around until I can pick it up? Brett......Barrett.......Parrotheads
Fossulator

Postby dusterdave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey Mike you can come anytime you like.Anybody that needs to come in early as well ,no problem I know some are coming in from some distance away
dusterdave

Postby Barrett » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Hey, Kevin - I can bring that boat anchor home with me, if you'd like. It'll be at my place ready for you to pick it up next spring, or whenever you make it down.
Let me know if that works for you!
All the best,

Barrett
Barrett

Re: Boat Anchor Insulator

Postby Sluggo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:46 am

Hey Kevin and Barrett,

Kevin, the beast is yours. I will throw it in the truck and drag it down there. If Barrett is willing to babysit the thing for you, that's cool with me. 8-)

See everyone on Saturday. :D
Happy collecting,

Doug Netzke (Sluggo)

Collector of Foreign glass, carnival glass, spool type, radio strain and non-glass/non-porcelain insulators.
Accidental collector of glass fishing net floats.

Sluggo

Postby Fossulator » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:54 am

Thanks to both of you. Barrett, I'll be in touch
Fossulator

Postby Brett Bloxam » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi Kevin

I have the porcelain insulator / boat anchor for you. Give me a call and let me know when you can pick it up.

Brett
Brett Bloxam

Postby Barrett » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 am

Well, another one over. Thanks to Dave for hosting a great swap! I absolutely love the venue you have there, Dave. I feel like this swap has the potential to grow into something large! Anyone that didn't make it out this year should really strive to come next time, as Dave's location, infrastructure, and hospitality are not to be missed.
Thanks again. I guess I'll see everyone in June!
Barrett

Postby Robin Plewes » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:41 am

Hi All:
Thanks to Dave for hosting the fall meet again. It was good to see collectors I had not seen in years. Show time goes by so fast. Pack-up times comes around and one realizes there were so many conversations that did not happen :?
Thanks to everyone who traded commons with me. Hope you're happy with the new glass.
If you're wondering, there were about 500 insulators in the big bin, 300 of which were useful. It's all good :)
It took nearly all day Sunday to unload and return the truck to my friend. There were 1500 - 1700 insulators in all when my traders in the cab are considered. 2500 lbs of insulators doesn't cause much of a "thump" when you run over a coon on the road :roll: . A truck like that gets the same mileage empty or loaded. I thought 16 mpg was pretty good considering the hills down that end of Hwy 7. The automatic trany held up fine. There was a point in the week where it had caused trouble and my using the truck for the show trip was in doubt...... and some of you thought the soft rear tire was the only concern ;)
It was a long day. Roadside food is a risky thing. The donut place at the east end of Peterborough is not worth stopping at. The sandwich must have been at least 2 days old! I should have waited another 10 minutes and stopped in Havelock, but had forgotten how far apart some of the towns were on Hwy 7. Sometimes small places are better than large towns. Live and learn.
Doug, Did you have better luck on the way home to Sudbury? Thanks again for the phone call Doug :D

A great adventure for sure. Hope everyone had as much fun. I should be rested up and ready for another OVIC show in April.
Good collecting ........... Robin
Robin Plewes

Previous

Return to Insulator Shows