Another great score

Here you can discuss any hunts or finds you may have made from the wild, auctions, shows, etc.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

Another great score

Postby novascotiaglass » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:27 pm

It's been a slow winter as far as the insulator game has been concerned. Ever since my very good luck in the late fall, I haven't added a single piece over the winter...until last week.

I got an email from a guy who said he had a few insulators for sale, we got to emailing back and forth and he sent me a pic. In the pic it looked like he had a few purple ponies and what appeared to be CD 145's in purple. I asked him what the names were on the big purple ones and he responded there were no names. Thinking he must be mistaken, I went off one night after work last week to meet up and check out the glass.

He led me into his living room and I was very surprised and happy to see the sunset gleaming through 3 CD 143 NE Round Base Purple beehives!!! Wooohooo I was excited. We ended up settling on a price and he threw in a couple purple ponies to boot. One of the beehives has a crack and a chip but the other 2 are minty and 100% fresh to the hobby.

It was great to finally get some pieces that neither me nor Dad had in our collections, one for each of us and a spare to boot. I have never held one of these in person and didnt know they were in use in NS, so it was a happy surprise. The lightest purple one also has some very nice purple swirling throughout the dome.

Before I left me and the guy got talking and apparently the old guy who lives there was a railroad linemen for years and there are many many many more insulators throughout the property, these were just a few he picked out. Needless to say I am waiting to get back and have a look.

Enjoy,

Jason

Ill try to get a better pic once I get them out of the acid bath
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (87.92 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (83.27 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (67.29 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
Glass Junkie....I need another fix
novascotiaglass

Re: Another great score

Postby Raven » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:55 pm

WOW
Great Find Jay
They look awesome but give them a soak and lets have another look.The snow is just starting to really melt here and I am itching to get out to a few spots.
Those pics just made me want to get out all that much more.Great score. :D
Raven

Postby Barrett » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:50 pm

MAN ALIVE!

That is another monumental find in the saga of ol' "Nova Scotia Nickerson"! Congrats on another fantastic find, my friend! Oh, and let me know if you decide to part with one of those three. ;)
I haven't started the hunting season here yet, but the weather has been fantastic. I hope to be turning the sod within a couple weeks!
All the best,

Barrett
Barrett

Postby CliMac » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 am

Sweet finds Jay!
CliMac

Return to Hunts & Finds