WHAT IS THE RIGHT PRICE RANGE FOR THIS CD-123?

Here you can discuss any hunts or finds you may have made from the wild, auctions, shows, etc.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

WHAT IS THE RIGHT PRICE RANGE FOR THIS CD-123?

Postby rhodesbennett » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi: I am new to collecting insulators and I am trying to keep myself from making rookie mistakes at this time while I am still learning. I am interested in placing a bid on Ebay for the CD-123 E.C&M SF that is currently listed. The auction is closing tonight at 7:32PM PST. Current bid is $112.50. Can you please take a look at the piece on line and let me know what you think is an appropriate price range for this piece? Greatly appreciated. Dan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERB-CD-123-E ... 9885700632
rhodesbennett

Re: WHAT IS THE RIGHT PRICE RANGE FOR THIS CD-123?

Postby CliMac » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:50 pm

We are mostly Canadians on this forum so I don't know if any of our members would have any expertise on these. I think most of the forum members collect primarily Canadian insulators although many would have American made pieces that were used in Canada in their collections. If I'm not mistaken, EC&Ms were primarily used in the SW US, maybe even limited to California. I will tell you that these are broken down in the price guide by the individual mold that they were poured in and a certain amount of expertise would be required to identify it from the photos.

If you want to avoid 'making rookie mistakes' (especially potentially expensive ones) I would suggest some or all of the following:

1. get a copy of the price guide
2. get to know your way around ICON (picture poster, articles, lots of good info)
3. check out the CJOW archives (notice the search link near the top left)
3. find a mentor in your area
4. attend insulator shows/swap meets
5. consider starting out with more common insulators while you learn
6. by all means ask questions here (but cut us some slack if we can't answer them all :))

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope somewhat helpful.
CliMac

Postby magic170 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Vnm ones in the b mold and this aqua/blue shade go for 200-300 . Here is a link of the ones that sold on insulators.info u can probably get a farily good idea on price range on what these go for from this list.\

http://www.insulators.info/pictures/sea ... mit=Search
Craig
magic170

Postby rhodesbennett » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm

magic170 wrote:Vnm ones in the b mold and this aqua/blue shade go for 200-300 . Here is a link of the ones that sold on insulators.info u can probably get a farily good idea on price range on what these go for from this list.\

http://www.insulators.info/pictures/sea ... mit=Search
Craig

Thanks Craig!! Very much appreciated. Dan
rhodesbennett

Return to Hunts & Finds