POLE LINE

Here you can discuss any hunts or finds you may have made from the wild, auctions, shows, etc.

Moderators: threadless, Chris Minicola, Bill Meier

POLE LINE

Postby trainman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:21 pm

I here the POLE LINE is coming down on the C.P.R in the valley right now . :o :D
trainman

Re: POLE LINE

Postby treemendous » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:36 am

Good day Allan,
The rail is out south of Pembroke (at CN overpass) to Renfrew. I would think the pole line would be coming down at some point?? I have not heard of anything happening. Chris Hall started a thread about this back in the summer he or Randy Strong might know more about it. I know that somebody has been climbing in the Carleton Place area lots of stuff missing off the poles.
Steve
treemendous

Postby cdnbeehive » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Can anybody confirm this?

I haven't been up since I was just about KILLED by an a**hole from the track removal contractor who forced me to drive at high speed down the trackbed near the golf course in Renfrew. I know he would have gotten stuck if he had stopped, but he almost hit me with 2 kids in the back.

ANYWAYS... ahem... now that they are probably all finished, ARE the poles coming down?
cdnbeehive

Postby trainman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 pm

I was told last week that CP was taking them down.
trainman

Postby cdnbeehive » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:03 pm

trainman wrote:I was told last week that CP was taking them down.

Not yet.

No sign of any activity, in fact, ballast is piled on both sides of all crossings to keep vehicular traffic off.

At Renfrew they are still loading ties on centre beam flatcars. A single SD40 was sitting on the main line just west of O'Brien Street. In Cobden they are assembling and sorting ties.
cdnbeehive

Return to Hunts & Finds